Business Symposium/Lunch & Learn
Friday, August 25th 11:30 AM – 1:00 PM
Times Gazette Community Meeting Room
$15 for Chamber Members
$25 for non-members
Covers lunch and priceless information from a professional in the field.
Speaker: Jim Yates, Esq. from Eastman & Smith LTD
Topic: “Labor and Employment Issues in a Trump Administration”, which will discuss the changes in policy employers should expect.
Labor and Employment issues in a Post-Trump World
This presentation will highlight changes as well as likely future changes in key areas since the election including:
What is the status of key regulatory initiatives and court cases after more than 6 months into a Trump administration?
- Wage and hour salary level changes
- “Joint Employment”
- OSHA’s proposed electronic recordkeeping requirements and other workplace safety regulations
- The future of collective actions and arbitration agreements
- Sexual orientation and transgender protections
- NLRB decisions regarding “quickie” elections, union reporting requirements and micro bargaining units
What can recent nominations and appointments tell us about the direction of wage and hour, EEOC, OSHA, and NLRB initiatives?